5 years ago#1

I HAVE A ASTRA 9mm PARABELLUM SPANIS MADE MODEL 600/43 IN ABOUT 90%.
SERIAL #468XXX. IT HAS ALL THE SPANISH PROOFS. CAN YOU TELL ME SOMETHING ABOUT IT AND TO IT'S WORTH?

star194

Answer
5 years ago#2
bigcurt
Wiz
Blogs: 5
Forum: 5,160
Votes: 149

hello the astra was made in a couple model variations ,,the 600 was chambered only for the 9mm luger cartridge and between 1943+1944 10,500 were produced ,,Some example will have nazi proof marks and will demand a preimum,,in 1946 an additional 49,000 were produced and sold commercially,,value would be from 350 VG-450exc to a military collector and proably more if german proofed ,,
bigcurt

5 years ago#3
na

The astra model 600 was produced to serial number 14,998. only 10,500 were shipped to Hitler before the Allied blockade of spain in 1944. the remaining 4500 or so guns were shipped to west germany in 1951 and were issued to the West german police department. I have one that fits this cerial number range and they are worth about 1200 dollars with out the lufinwafa mark if it has the mark on the right side of the gun then it is worth about doubble that price.

5 years ago#4
B. Reinke

I have a model 600/43 --s/n 30836. on the left side behind the grip it has a shield with an ( X ) on it and two upper case ( P )s one with smon form of a circle around it. what do these marking mean and what year was it made. Thanks

5 years ago#5
AGhauler
Fresh Member
Blogs: 0
Forum: 6
Votes: 0

If one of the P's has a star over it that is the date code for 1945. Regards, Aghauler

4 years ago#6
Romano

I also have one#21847 with holster w/extra mag in good shape, I have had for 40 plus years is it worth anything

2 years ago#7
<email>

yes; complete history is complicated out of the 10.5k
astra 600 parabellum was hitlers choice of weapons for his guardian few at the eagles bunker; i believe the serials were somewhere in the 454// or 554//; there were
four of these weapons found at the inner bunker of eagles landing or nest as some called it; between hitlers body and his wifes body. all four have disappeared. though in 1992 over on the west usa in washington state daves gunworks of abbrerdeen, wash; believe he held one of the four as a person of interest came in to get an appraisal on such a rare piece. the gunsmith was astounded when he looked up the serial numbers and got a match. he offered 60,000 cash; he thought the man would jump at the price; he didn't and said to the gunsmith; 'my mistake; why would i sell the gun that killed hitler for a mere 60k; he laughed an said that maybe the tax on it; do i look stupid? then he walked out; into the past; many buyers tried to repast his tracks but never did.....

2 years ago#8
<email>

i heard the same story but further it went; the man brought the gun to a bellevue gun buyer and he knew the gun and identified it on the spot; via serial numbers and id with original wood handles and all the parabellum marks, ss marks; command marks and some say it was hitlers own; thus making it a remarkable piece of history.
the gun buyer went to call his personal buyer or banker; as he offered 2 million; when he returned; to the room; the man was gone and on a piece of paper he found the name dave and the note said 'not enough'; then a name again daveg; then it said sorry...
the buyer said they put ads in the papers all over the usa; canada sa and that brought in buyers with lots of money; someone found a note in a nm hotel where many buyers waited and all it said was, discreetly; it is a great burden in which i carry; i have owned hitler for 23 years or so; whether i am doing the right thing; i just dont know; i want a monument enscribed with all the jewish families names who died at 147 death camps; i want the world to know and i want the people who did this scribed to death in hell; ever. daveg

2 years ago#9
discover
Guru
Blogs: 12
Forum: 12,578
Votes: 670

These stories are all spurious and should be ignored in this forum...Hitler did not like or use Spanish guns at all - or his guard.

Nothing has more mythology than Nazi guns.... .

2 years ago#10
TotallyFreeObits

Well I dont have an Astra 600 and the first story I followed the lead to Aberdeen, WA USA; years ago because I was Paid to find the owner and the Gun itself for a
very well known Jewish Committee; Simon Blank Investigations. It was reported that inside of Hitlers Stronghold; there were 4 - 600's; with stamps.
The search is on for any of the four; as of Hilters preferance; may this letter above will prove whether he did die in South America as reported. Evidently this person; knows Hitler better then most. I ought to be asking him these delicate question and not my friend at HL Security. I have been on the trail of dave for twenty years but I have run across a butcher of WWII fame who was taken into custody and died months later; as the last five days he turned himself over to Jesus Christ;
I seldom think that he was saved; tho. I listen to his
story and wanted to throw up the first ten minutes.
So Mr. Know It All; who are you?? This old guy said that Astra was Hitlers Drug of Choice; why else would he arm his personal guard with them; forget the Lugar it jammed to many times. To each his own; I am looking for Nuremberg Escapees and yes I get paid to do it; my contract is up in six years-7months MMDR Thanks

2 years ago#11
discover
Guru

My grandfather was in Hitler's guard. They all used Walthers..Hitlers favorite makers was Walther Hitler shot himself with a Walther.

2 years ago#12
elk killer34

whats the gunsmiths name of buisness

1 year ago#13
daniel

I have one with the matching serial number 43596. Would you have any info or the value of this gun? It also has the holster made for this gun. Please let me know anything you know. it has very little rust and still shoots great.

1 year ago#14
discover
Guru

5-600 all day

1 year ago#15
daniel

Hey man. Thanks. You know anyone interested in one of these in the south atl Ga area

12 months ago#16
Murf

Really that much for that serial range?
I have one with 2 clips(not matching to gun serial) and holster, serial low 32xxx . Really fine condition 95-98% I would hazard a guess.

500-600 you think?

12 months ago#17
JRA

Just found a Astra 9MM Parabellum Model 600/43 , serial number 57459 .. Significant or no ? Great Condition .. All matching #'s ..THX

4 months ago#18
Eagleprof

Serial numbers above 10500 were second contract, paid for by the Nazis but not delivered because of the invasion in Normandy. The guns were interned at war's end and were bought later for German police and border guards. That's the only firearm I know of that was bought by the same country twice! Currently they are asking 4 to 5 hundred for these. I don't know what they are actually bringing.

4 months ago#19
two old dogs
Guru
Blogs: 32
Forum: 14,786
Votes: 781

Retail value for a gun in good or better condition would range from $300 to $450 depending on mechanical and bore condition and remaining original metal finish.

By entering this site you declare you are 18 or older, you read and agreed to its Terms, Rules & Privacy and you understand that your use of the site's content is made at your own risk and responsibility.
Copyright © 2006 - 2015 Gun Values Board